Thursday, March 14, 2013

Today's Makeup + First Impression MAC Mineralize Moisture Foundation



I didn't want to put makeup on because I'm staying in today. But I got this sample of the new Mineralize Moisture Foundation from MAC and I really wanted to try it. And once you put the foundation on you realized that you just can't call it the day there. So I finished up with fewer makeup items than normal. I guess I'll call it semi-minimal makeup look.

Skindinavia Bridal Spray, Bare Minerals Ready Luminizer in The Love Affair, Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Sand Medium 0-1, NYX Blush in Dustry Rose, Tarte Clean Slate Poreless Primer, It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under-eye Concealer in Neutral Medium, YSL Shocking Mascara (sample), Rimmel Scadaleyes Waterproof Kohl in Nude, MAC Mineralize Moisture Foundation in NW20 (sample), MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20 (sample), MAC Lipstick in Lustering


The Mineralize Moisture Foundation has a really natural dewy finish with light coverage. It's moisturizing. It's just right amount of moisture for normal to dry skin. Compared to Clinique Even Better Foundation, which is ultra moisturizing, Mineralize Moisture's consistency is thinner and less moisturizing and less sticky. This foundation isn't very buildable. One layer gives light coverage. When I added another layer it only provided a tiny bit more coverage. You can probably build to up to light medium coverage but I don't think it's possible to build it up to medium.

2 layers with no powder & no concealer

I have combination skin. Some parts of my face is very dry and some parts get oily throughout the day. I like this foundation because it's moisturizing but not greasy. It looks very natural like second skin. My only complaint would be the bulky packaging. I like the thick glass bottle but it's inconvenient to travel with. The price is reasonable. It's a little more pricey than Clinique foundations, but cheaper than brands like NARS and MUFE.
I'm not sure if I want to purchase this because if Face and Body can achieve the same thing. It's definitely the better value for the buck and I heard that it's more buildable.
I don't really have any complaint about the product. But if you like medium and full coverage, it is not for you. I would recommend this to people who use foundation to mainly even out complexions.

Please see 8/9/2013 Updated Review

2 comments: