Saturday, March 9, 2013

Old Favorite: Smith’s Rosebud Salve


Smith’s Rosebud Salve and I go way back when I was in middle school. I had been using it for years and I stopped using it because I was using the same jar and I figured it was provably not a good idea so keep using it after all these years and it melting in the car so many times.
I never picked up another one until a few weeks ago. Until then I had been trying many other lip balms: Fresh Sugar, Vaseline (original & cocoa butter), Korres tinted lip butter, EOS lip balms, etc. The list can go on and on and NOTHING beats Smith’s Rosebud Salve.
It’s very moisturizing. It can repair my chapped lips over night. It feels very nice on the lips. It doesn’t have the chemical/ plasticky taste. It does clump or flake. Most of all, it’s only $6 and a jar can go a long way.
What I found with a lot of the lip balms in common is that they make your lips rely on them to stay hydrated. The Rosebud Salve does dry out your lips afterwards. You’re lips won’t feel super dry if you don’t use it for a few days.
I love this lip balm and it remains my favorite and the best in my opinion.
If you haven’t try this classic, I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment