Friday, March 22, 2013

YSL Mascara Volume Effect Faux Cils Shocking


image
This is a sample I got from Sephora. I’ve bought a YSL mascara before. I really liked it. I can’t talk about YSL mascaras without talking about the scent. Oh the scent! The mascara smells so good that it just makes applying mascara so much more pleasant. Fragrance can be irritating but I didn’t experience any irritation in my eyes.
image
The brush isn’t anything special. It’s just the traditional kind of wand.
This mascara gives good volume and some length. The effect is like Maybelline the Falsies but a scale down. It’s more natural than the Falsies. I don’t curl my lashes because they are really fine and brittle. Some mascaras lift my lashes and hold the “curl” pretty well (the Falsies, Mega Plush). This mascara does very little in that department. It only provides a little bit of lift. But if you curl your lashes I don’t think there would be a problem of holding the curl. This mascara doesn’t weight my lashes down.
The thing I love the most about this mascara is that it does not transfer onto my eyelids. There’s some smudging on the bottom lashes around 6 hours after application. It's really faint and easy to wipe off, though. This mascara is not hard to remove, either.
image
I know this picture looks really weird… At the top is my right eye and I’m showing you the top lashes. At the bottom is my left eye, showing the bottom lashes.
The mascara formula isn’t particularly wet or dry. It’s a pretty good consistency.
The only complaint I have, which is very common in mascaras, is that it flakes. But it’s nothing more severe than most mascaras. The Falsies probably flakes more than it does.
It’s really expensive ($30) for a mascara. I personally won’t purchase the full size because of the price. But I highly recommend it if you don’t mind paying that much for a good mascara.

No comments:

Post a Comment