Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Worth the Hype? Caudalie Beauty Elixir

image
I got my first bottle 2 years ago in the Sephora birthday present Caudalie kit. I don’t remember having any special opinion about it then. I bought the second bottle at the end of last year for travelling. The hype is that it’s a good toner and setting spray and also works great to refresh the makeup.
I’m not a herbal/ woody scent person so I really don’t find the scent appealing. At first I hated the scent. Hate is a strong word but I really did hate it. After a while I was sort of used to it. I still don’t like it, but it’s now more tolerable.
I really like the feeling of mint when I first spray it. But the alcohol (plant derived) makes it evaporate so fast and the mint sort of intensifies the feeling. Just after a few seconds the product is completely gone. I would say some is absorbed and most of it feels evaporated. My skin almost feels like nothing happened but the scent and feeling of the mint.
I don’t think it’s really moisturizing. If you have dry skin, you might want to stay away from it. The alcohol will just make your skin dryer and irritated.
I don’t find it a good setting spray, either. It’s the same problem of evaporation. It doesn’t really set the makeup because of lack of moisture. It doesn’t help the makeup stick to your face better and doesn’t take away the powderiness.
I can see why people like it to refresh the makeup. The mint makes the skin feelrefreshed but it doesn’t actually refresh the makeup.
It’s a good aromatic and sensational product because of the herbs and the mint oil. However, I don’t find it doing much to the skin. There are better toners and setting prays. I know a lot of people love it and there will probably be a lot of people who think I’m crazy, but I just don’t think it’s worth the hype.
Boscia Balancing Toner is really good for the skin. It’s very gentle and moisturizing. It doesn’t have any scent. I used to use it as both toner and setting spray.

No comments:

Post a Comment