Monday, March 11, 2013

Freckle Nails: Mocking Illamasqua Freckle Nail Varnish


image
source: http://www.illamasqua.com/shop/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/n/a/nail-varnish-duck-egg-freckle-rgb.jpg
I’ve been wanting the new Illamasqua nail polish in Freckle for a while but could never bring myself to spend $16 on a nail polish. So I decided to create the look by using a nude nail polish and a black specks nail polish.
image
I used Nubar Nail Polished in NLA6 Creme and G715 Black Polka Dot.
image
Creme is quite sheer and it’s lighter than the Freckle. I had to use 3 coats for it to start being opaque. Even though it requires a lot of coats to be opaque, it dries pretty well. I was expecting it to be gooey and never dry on the nails but it actually completely dried up.
Black Polka Dot is clear with small and large black specks. 2 coats were enough in general. I added some more on the places that needed more. I wish there were more large specks. Some nails didn't get any large specks at all. I really like this nail polish because I can mix it with other nail polish and create other freckly looks.

Even though the look isn't the complete dupe, I'm quite happy with it. The colors are definitely a little different. The nude in Freckle is darker and the specks are navy. Plus the specks and the nail polish are mixed together so some specks are not as visible.
I got both of them on Amazon. They are cheaper and the sellers offer free/ cheap shipping. 
Amazon links: NLA6 Creme & G715 Black Polka Dot


Update (3, 14, 2013)
I redid the look by putting 2 coats of Creme, mix Cream and Black Polka Dot together, and put on 2 coats of that mixture.



It's still not the exactly same look as the Illamasqua but it's a little closer because some specks are more muted.

No comments:

Post a Comment