Friday, August 9, 2013

Updated Review: MAC Mineralize Moisture Foundation


I did a first impression and a review of MAC Mineralize Moisture Foundation a few months ago. The more I use it the more my opinion about this foundation changes. But not in a good way (I almost called this post a product rant.).

In the review I talked about how streaky it can get, and this is what makes me mad when I use it. The foundation is very liquidy and doesn't sit well on the skin. It doesn't sink into the skin, nor it sets. No matter how much time I wait for it to set, it still doesn't. That makes applying the rest of the face makeup really difficult because everything used on the face leaves streak marks. That means it's difficult to blend out the concealer, you have to use very light hand when applying powders, and you have to set it with powder before applying any cheek products.


The streakiness makes it almost impossible to layer this foundation so it's unlikely that you can build it up to a medium coverage without it looking terrible.

The formula of this foundation is the source of all these problems. It doesn't set so it sit on top of the skin, which makes it easy to mix with the oil on the face throughout the day and the foundation gets patchy and cakey and wear off unevenly.

If you have dry skin looking for a hydrating foundation from MAC, Face and Body will be a better bet than Mineralize Moisture. Face and Body has similar coverage (light), but it sets and it's way more buildable (up to medium-full).

No comments:

Post a Comment