Saturday, August 3, 2013

Most Loved 10 of July 2013


REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask
This thing has been talked and raved about by so many beauty gurus so I finally decided to bite the tongue, spend the $55, and give it a go. If you're not familiar with glycolic acids, this VIDEO would be very helpful. This mask leaves my face very soft afterwards. It's a good product use if you're just starting to get into glycolic acids.

Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil
This is my first beauty oil and I've been using these oils for months and this remains my favorite. It's my travel essential because no matter what kind of weather or what kind of condition my face is under, this never fails me. For more details, please see this REVIEW.

Blistex Lip Medex
I got this tiny one for $1.29 on Drugstore.com. I believe this is the one that Estee from Essie Button swears by. This is so good. It's not the best tasting because if you lick it it will tingle your tongue. It gives the lips a tingling sensation, which makes the lips feel plumped. It's very moisturizing and it doesn't make my lips dry once I stop using it. It's clear. It doesn't make your lips look ashy.

Clinique Even Better Makeup in Golden Neutral
This is one of my favorite foundations. However, my complexion has become lighter over the years and this shade is too dark for me. I use it in the summer to mix it with my winter foundations. I find a lot of lighter foundation shades have pink undertone. Golden Neutral is really yellow base so while it darkens the lighter foundations, it neutralizes the undertone.

NARS Blush/ Bronzer Duo in Deep Throat/ Laguna
This product was featured in my Best Travel Makeup Products post and I've done an individual review for it. The product itself isn't that amazing. But I love how compact, fool-proof, and versatile it is. For more details, please see this REVIEW.

Sonia Kashuk Undetectable Creme Bronzer in Rich Bronze
This is a cream to powder bronzer. I love the formula because it's not like a typical cream cheek product. It's very easy to blend with a brush. I apply it just like how I would to contour with a product bronzer. Rich Bronze is a good shade for contouring. I wouldn't say it's orange but it's a little warmer than Benefit Hoola. I'll soon post a review for this product. Stay tuned!

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette - Crave
This palette was in last month's Most Loved 10. This month I haven't been using this palette for eyeshadows but instead, I've been using the shade Crave to fill in my brows. My natural hair color is a very dark brown, almost black. Crave is black but because of its pigmentation, it looks like a very dark gray, which is perfect for filling in my brows.

MAC Paint Pot in Constructivist
I used this paint pot also every time I wore makeup this month. It's such a versatile product. You can achieve different depths of the color, allowing you to do a complete eyeshadow look with just this product. I will have a review and demo of Constructivist soon. Stay tuned!

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Romantic
It's red with warm undertone. I love how you can get a sheer wash of color by putting it in the center of the lips and blend it out. You can also get an opaque color with normal application. It feels great on the lips. It does stain, but not as much or as evenly as Smitten. It does leave a little bit of a ring around the edges but it's nothing terribly noticeable if you have pigmented lips.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Mauve It Over
It's my "my lips but better" color. It's a mauvy pink. I don't find nude lipsticks flattering on me, so this pink mauve is perfect. It's natural and comfortable to wear. The finish is beautiful. It's a matte finish but when applied on the lips, it has a very slight moisture, giving it a natural satin finish. I love this lipstick with dark or bright eye looks.

Clinique Golden Neutral | NARS Deep Throat | NARS Laguna | Sonia Kashuk Rich Bronze | Urban Decay Crave | MAC Constructivist | Revlon Romantic | Revlon Mauve It Over

No comments:

Post a Comment