Sunday, July 7, 2013

Best Travel Makeup Products

I've been travelling almost every week since May. It's essential to pack my makeup very smartly and lightly.
Travel sizes or samples are definitely good choices. But sometimes I would be out of town for longer than just a weekend so it's equally important for me to bring products that will work no matter how my skin condition is.

Base Products

Shiseido Extra Smooth Sun Protection Cream for Face SPF 36 PA+++
I've been using Shiseido sunscreens since I was a little girl. It provides fantastic protection without making your skin greasy. It's also very gentle and never breaks out my sensitive skin. The formula is very light, making it perfect under makeup. I got this a while back. Now the closest they do is SPF 38, but everything in the blue packaging line has similar formula and works nicely. Available at Sephora and Nordstrom.
Kanebo Freshel Moist Lift BB Cream in Medium Beige (Mentioned in this POST)
I can use it when my face is either combination or dry. The color also suits me all year around. I can get a light coverage with this, or layer it to get medium coverage when I have spots. It sets to a natural finish, looking like your skin. I usually don't have to set it with powder. It's very gentle and doesn't feel heavy at all even if you layer it on. It's comfortable to wear no matter what type of weather it is.
Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard (Mentioned in this POST)
It has very good coverage without feeling cakey. It can be used for under-eye dark circles and all over the face. It sets to a natural finish that looks like real skin. It doesn't last as well as MAC Pro Longwear Concealer, but it lasts better any other concealers I've tried. I love taking with me for travels because I don't have to take an under-eye concealer with me. I can get away without setting it most of the time.

Shiseido Sunscreen | Kanebo BB Cream | Nars Concealer

Setting Powders


I don't always set my makeup, but I always bring a powder with me just in case of hot weather or night-outs.
Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder (Mentioned in this POST)
I got a deluxe sample size of this amazing setting powder. It's a extremely finely milled powder. It sets and mattifies the makeup instantly. The size is perfect for travel.
MAC Studio Fix Powder in NC20
This powder is perfect over light foundations or BB creams because it provides great coverage. It will take the light coverage to medium-full coverage. I also use it over moisturizer. I love this product for travel because it's very versatile in coverage and application. It also wears off beautifully, no cakey patches or bumps. I don't take both of these powders but either one works fantastically. Available at Nordstrom, Macy's, and MAC.

Tarte Powder | MAC Powder

Blush and Bronzer

Illamasqua Powder Blush in Naked Rose (Mentioned in this POST)
It's a matte dusty rose blush. It's super wearable and fool proof. It's almost impossible to mess up with this blush. I use it for everyday looks as well as evening looks. It's very versatile in terms of the opacity and intensity of the color.
Benefit Hoola Bronzer
It's my all time favorite bronzer. It's matte and neutral tone, making it perfect for contouring. It applies smoothly and blends out easily. It's also very versatile so it can be used both day time and night time. Available at Sephora and Macy's.
Nars Deep Throat Blush and Laguna Bronzing Powder Duo
I've been taking it with me instead of a blush and a separate bronzer. It's super convenient, a beautiful shimmery blush, a semi-matte bronzer, and a big mirror. Deep Throat is such a beautiful peachy rosey blush that doesn't overload shimmer. Laguna is a nice shade for contour. I still love Hoola more because Hoola is smoother and more neutral. But Laguna is still a lovely product. Available at Sephora.

Illamasqua Naked Rose | Benefit Hoola | Nars Deep Throat | Nars Laguna

Highlighter

I don't always bring highlighters. It's something I can skip over. But for the times I'm into highlighting, I would bring just one highlighting product.
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle
It's a champagne highlighter. It's noticeable without making you look shiny or like a disco ball. The only thing I don't like about this while travelling is that it takes up a lot of space in the makeup bag. But other than that, it's a beautiful highlight that's very easy to work with. Available at Nordstrom, Macy's, and MAC.
Benefit Moon Beam
I like to take it with me mainly because it's smaller compared to powder packagings and I don't need a brush to apply this. It gives an iridescent glow. However, it has some pink shimmers so i don't find it as natural as Soft and Gentle on the cheekbones. Available at Sephora.
Benefit Watt's Up Highlighter
I got this little cute sample size in my Sephora birthday gift combo. I think even the full size would be travel friendly. I'm so in love with this cream highlighter. It's like Soft and Gentle but gives a more iridescent finish because the pigments are finer. It's very easy to apply. It's not sticky and it's super easy to blend. I also love that you don't need a brush to apply this. Available at Sephora and Macy's.

MAC Soft & Gentle | Benefit Moon Beam | Benefit Watt's Up

Eyeshadows

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze (Reviewed in this POST)
I take this with me when there's not important occasions that I have to go to during the travel. It's easy to apply and doesn't require a brush. I put it all over my lid and put on a second layer at the outer corner of my lid to create some dimensions. It last long and wears off well.
Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette (Reviewed in this POST)
I can get a day time look and a night time look with this. It has all the shades that I need for highlight, contour, and eyeliner. The formula is very smooth and creamy. I always bring Nars eyeshadow primer with me if I'm taking this palette.

Maybelline Bad to the Bronze | Urban Decay Venus | Foxy | W.O.S | Naked 2 | Faint | Crave

Mascara


I'm not a mascara "layerer" when I'm travelling. I like to take just one mascara that does the job. These two mascaras both do a pretty good job in lengthening and volumizing and they are both transfer free and mostly smudge-free.
Rimmel Day 2 Night Mascara (Mentioned in this POST)
This is not the waterproof formula. However, it doesn't transfer on me while a lot of other waterproof mascara does. It smudges on the bottom lashes a little bit after long hours, but nothing terrible. I really like that I can get a false lashes look just with this mascara. It's a little hard to take off but it comes off with my DHC Cleansing Oil.
Cover Girl Lash Blast 24HR Mascara
It's a very volumizing mascara, more so than lengthening. It has a rubber wand. It's very waterproof, doesn't transfer on me but like Rimmel Day 2 Night it smudges a little after long hours. It's much more difficult to remove than Rimmel Day 2 Night. I really have to allow some time and give my lashes some massaging for the cleansing oil to dissolve the mascara. Overall I like Rimmel Day 2 Night more than Lash Blast, but Lash Blast is still a really nice one. Available at drugstores and Drugstore.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment