Thursday, July 4, 2013

Most Loved 10 of June 2013


Kanebo Freshel Moist Lift BB Cream in Medium Beige
This BB cream has pretty light coverage but it's buildable to lighter medium coverage. It covers up the redness very well. It feels light on the skin. I use Real Techniques Expert Face Brush with this, which is a very dense synthetic brush.
It's very comfortable to wear. It doesn't feel like it's glued to your face, but it doesn't feel like it's sitting on top of the face, either. The finish is in between dewy and matte. I love it because the finish looks like my own skin.
The tone is neutral. It's not too pink or too yellow, but at the same time doesn't look gray on me. There are only 2 colors. Medium Beige, which is the darker of the two, is a good match for my NC20 complexion. The colors can definitely suit multiple shades of complexion. However, I think the colors will be way too light for dark complexions.
It's just overall an easy-to-use and fool-proof base product. I've been travelling a lot in June and I always take it with me. I got mine in Taiwan. They can be found on eBay.

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard
This is basically the thicker and more pigmented version of Kanebo Moist Lift BB Cream. The finish is very natural, just like natural skin, which makes it a great concealer for a no-foundation day. It's very easy to blend and long-lasting. Compared to MAC Pro Longwear Concealer it's easier to blend but just a little less long-lasting. But compared to any other concealers it's very long-lasting. It's something that you can put on any part of your face. I use this for blemishes and under-eye circles. This is another product that I've been taking with me for travelling.
Nars has a great selection of colors. Custard is yellow toned. It's just a tiny tiny tiny bit too dark for NC20 but it blends out nicely and the color different isn't noticeable once blended out. I would say it's a very good match.
Available at Sephora, Nordstrom, and Beauty.com.

Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder
I have a little sample size but a tiny bit goes a long way with this product. It's a translucent ultra finely milled powder that's impossible to look cakey. It mattifies the makeup. It wears off very well; it doesn't get patchy or cakey at all throughout the day.
I'm not a fan of loose powder because they get messy. I wish it came in a compact. But this is something that I would purchase once I run out of setting powder.
Available at Sephora and Beauty.com.

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze
I love it when I'm in a rush or lazy. It's easy, quick and gorgeous. See review and swatches in this POST.
Available at drugstores and Drugstore.com.

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
This is such a travel friendly palette because you can create day and night eye looks with just this palette, including lining your eyes. All you need other than this palette is a mascara (or false lashes). See review and swatches in this POST.
Available at ULTASephoraBeauty.com.

Rimmel Day 2 Night Mascara in Extreme Black
This is a waterproof, smudge-proof, and transfer-proof mascara. It gives incredible length and volume. The formula is a bit wetter than other mascaras, which makes it prone to clumping and sticking the lashes together, but that only happens if you don't wipe off the excess. The only thing I don't like about it is the wand is a little bigger than most mascaras, but it's manageable.
Available at drugstores and Drugstore.com.

MAC Lipstick in Lustering
I normally don't wear pink because a lot of them are blue tone, which doesn't look good on my warm skin tone. Lustering is a Luster finish. It's a sheer bright pink with warm undertone. I love that it doesn't look cakey on the lips. It's a easy everyday color.
Available at MAC website, Nordstrom and Macy's.

Illamasqua Powder Blush in Naked Rose
This is such an easy and fool-proof blush. You can keep putting it on and this will never make you a clown. But at the same time it has nice pigmentation without being overly pigmented that you have to be careful. It suits lots of skin tones and complexions. However, darker complexions may need something more vibrant or pigmented than this. The formula is the creamiest that I've ever seen. Illamasqua blushes are definitely worth every penny.
Available at Sephora.

Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre
I got this moisturizer because Pixiwoo sisters love it. It's a great moisturizer to put on before makeup. It's moisturizing while it gives you a matte finish, making it a great canvas for foundation. I would recommend it to any skin types in between the extremes. So I wouldn't recommend it to very oily skin or very dry skin.
Available at Dermstore.com.

Soap & Glory Original Pink Eau de Toilette
I got this perfume because I love the scent of the Righteous Body Butter and it smells just like that. It doesn't last long since it's Eau de Toilette but I just love the scent so much that I don't care! I'm horrible at describing scents but it's for sure floral and fruity.
Available at Sephora.

Heavy swatches: Kanebo Moist Lift BB Cream in Medium Beige | Nars Radient Concealer in Custard | Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze | MAC Lipstick in Lustering | Illamasqua Powder Blush in Naked Rose

Blended swatches: Kanebo Moist Lift BB Cream in Medium Beige | Nars Radient Concealer in Custard | Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze | MAC Lipstick in Lustering | Illamasqua Powder Blush in Naked Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment