Monday, August 26, 2013

Empties #2

REN Micro Polish Cleanser (sample - 0.17 oz / 5 ml)
Full Size - $30   5.1 oz / 150 ml
I got this little sample size from Sephora and this only lasted a few washes for me. I like that it's a gentle physical exfoliant. The granules are fine and mixed in the foamy cleanser. I'm trying to steer away from foamy cleansers as it makes my face really dry. But I actually prefer it when it's in a scrub form because I want the granules to be rinsed off easily. Wiping it off with a washcloth might be a little too abrasive. I really like this cleanser, especially paired with chemical exfoliating products (masks, toners, moisturizers) because it gets off the residual dead skin without being too harsh. I don't use it everyday, only once or twice a week. If you have this sample or the full size, when you think you have run out of it, cut open the tube because there'll be much more than you think that's inside.
I recommend it and would definitely purchase the full size.

Melvita Rose Floral Water (sample - 0.96 oz / 28 ml)
Full size - $22   6.76 oz / 200 ml
I got this sample from a Birchbox long time ago. The thing that I love the most about it is the scent. It's lovely and natural without being overpowering. It's very gentle on my sensitive skin. The consistency is just like water. It's doesn't do much in terms of moisturizing. It will release some of the tightness after cleansing but not completely. But overall it's a lovely product and I would have purchased the full size if it was available. Apparently Melvita doesn't carry it anymore and a lot of other sites are listing it as out of stock. However, there is the Damask Rose Floral Water, which ingredients are just a bit different than the original rose water. But I would love to try it.

Caudalie Premier Cru Eye Cream (sample - 0.03 oz / 1 ml)
Full size - $98   0.5 oz / 15 ml
I remember when I got this sample from Sephora I was really disappointed because it's such a small sample. But after using it for the first time I was so glad that I picked it because it's such a nice eye cream. It's really rich and moisturizing without being greasy. I know a lot of people like the cooling eye gels or the ones with thinner consistencies like Origins Ginzing Eye Cream. I personally like my eye creams to be rich and almost balmy like Clinique All About Eyes Rich. I love that this Caudalie eye cream doesn't feel as greasy as the Clinique one and is perfectly fine worn under makeup.
I discovered the ridiculously high price when I was just thinking about purchasing the full size. I would definitely purchase the full size if $98 wasn't too much of a burden for me. Until then, I would just keep an eye out for the samples!

Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil (travel size - $14   0.5 oz / 15 ml)
Full size - $48   1.7 oz / 50 ml
Jumbo size - $96   4 oz / 120 ml
This is one of my holy grail products that I've raved over and over again ever since I got it. It's definitely worth the hype and if you wonder why, see this post. I've been repurchasing the travel size and just recently picked up a full size. I definitely recommend getting the travel size because it's a really nice bottle that's perfect for both travelling and using at home. It's doesn't take up much space in your skincare routine and the smaller dropper is much easier to use. I've already filled this little bottle up from my full size one.
It's definitely worth the hype and the money and I will definitely keep repurchasing this!

L'Oreal Ever Curl Sulfate-Free Hydracharge Shampoo      $7.29   8.5 oz / 251 ml
I've been using the L'Oreal Sulfate-Free line nonstop for about a year and I love it. The thing about most sulfate-free shampoos is that they don't lather well and I end up running out much quicker. This line of shampoo lathers just like other normal shampoos. I've noticed that my scalp doesn't get itchy and irritated and my hair doesn't get greasy as fast. There are different kinds of shampoo in the Sulfate-Free line. I have perm in my hair and honestly I didn't notice this Ever Curl one made any difference in the curl department. I don't really mind the different "functions." To me the different kinds mean different scents.
I would recommend it to everyone and I'll forever repurchase the Sulfate-Free line!

No comments:

Post a Comment