Friday, June 28, 2013

Worth the Hype? Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil

$14     0.50oz/ 15ml
Ingredient: argan oil

Recently there has been hypes around oils, especially argan oils. Josie Maran's line consists of many products infused with argan oil. One of the most popular products is her 100% Pure Argan Oil.

I got the travel size for $14 at Sephora, thinking that I would only use it for under eye dryness. But I actually ended up using it all over my face.

I really like this oil. Argan oil is dry oil, which means it does not linger on the skin as much as other richer oils. Because of that it makes a great face oil. I like to put it on at night to give it some time to be absorbed. I don't use it in the morning because I can't put makeup on right away.

It's great as a night treatment when you have irritated skin. The anti-inflammatory property helps calm down any irritation, including acne. I also noticed that it helps balance the moisture and oil production/ distribution on my face. My face is really dry under my eyes and my forehead and can get oily around my nose and my mouth. This oil has really helped making my skin a little bit more normal. My skin is still combination but a little less extreme. And it's been easier to apply foundation.

Compared to other brands, Josie Maran's argan oil is much thicker and feels like it's absorbed better as other argan oils I've tried can sometimes just sit on top of the skin. Josie Maran's definitely feels a lot nicer and more luxurious on the skin.

I really like this oil. It's very gentle to the skin, but at the same time does many good things to improve the condition of the skin very effectively. It has not broken me out.

I'm running out of my bottle really quickly. A travel size bottle like this only last me about 1 month if I use it every night, 7-8 drops per use.

If you're on the fence on price, there's other argan oils that are basically the same thing with different consistency. As long as it's 100% pure, organic, and cold-pressed, the quality does not vary drastically.
I highly recommend Josie Maran's 100% Pure Argan Oil. This is something I've been repurchasing and something that will be in my stable skincare stash for at least until I stumble upon something better.

No comments:

Post a Comment