Monday, June 10, 2013

Tip: A Better Way to Use Creamy Eyeliner Pencils for Oily Lids


I love a good creamy eyeliner pencil because it's so easy and natural looking. However, I have pretty oil eyelids and these creamy liners can smudge and crease on my very easily.

Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners have been raved about by lots of people and their mothers. I do think the consistency is lovely, but the staying power on me just sucks.

I've been loving Rimmel Scandaleyes liners and to me, they're the better version of Urban Decay liners in the sense that they have better staying power. Even though they usually last me a good 3-4 hours, I would like it to go a little farther.

I'm not a professional makeup artist but I think the problem with these creamy liners is that since the consistency is designed to be very creamy to make the application easier, it's very easy to apply too much. The excess can be transferred to other places easily especially if you have hooded eyes like mine. To fix that, you could use Q-tips to blot the excess. Or, you could use a liner brush to apply it.

So if you've been having problems with such eyeliners like I have, don't get rid of them just yet. All you need is that creamy pencil eyeliner that's been creasing on you and an eyeliner brush of your choice. Just run your liner brush through the kohl and apply it like how you would for a gel liner. The bristles help keeping the excess during application. Another good thing about this technique is that for those who want to do cat eyes but don't prefer liquid or gel liners, this is a very easy and almost fool-proof way to achieve the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment