Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Worth the Hype? Maybelline Color Tattoo


image

Top left Bad to the Bronze. Bottom left Tough as Taupe. Right Fierce & Tangy.
image
Bad to the Bronze. Tough as Taupe. Fierce & Tangy.
These cream eyeshadows have been talked about a lot. People seem to love it’s longevity. So in this post I will talk mostly about the longevity and less about the color. Besides, the color is mostly personal preference.
I have hooded eyelids that can get oily. I have to say that the longevity depends on the finish, just like MAC paintpots. Bad to the Bronze is shimmery. Tough as Taupe is matte. Fierce & Tangy is mostly matte with very little shimmer, which is almost unnoticeable.
I haven’t put Fierce & Tangy on my eyelids so I can’t tell you if it lasts on the eyelids. I’ve put it under my eyes to counteract with the dark circles. It’s very pigmented so be careful if you’d like to do that. It stayed on very well under the eyes.
Tough as Taupe is matte. Many matte cream eyeshadows have creased on my lids. The same applies Tough as Taupe. It doesn’t crease right after application. But it does after a few hours.
Bad to the Bronze is shimmery and it doesn’t crease on me. Same with shimmery MAC paintpots. I’m not sure if it’s because the finish actually doesn’t crease or because the finish makes creasing less noticeable. Anyway, Bad to the Bronze does not crease on my lids. At least there is no noticeable creased lines.
I also find that Tough as Taupe is more difficult to blend out than Bad to the Bronze. It seems sticky, whereas Bad to the Bronze is more creamy and smoother.
So are they worth the hype? It depends on the finishes. The shimmery ones, yes. The matte one, no if you have hooded eyes and/ or oily lids.

No comments:

Post a Comment