Thursday, October 31, 2013

Worth the Hype? MAC LIpstick in Ruby Woo

$15     0.10 oz / 3 g
Availability: MAC, Nordstrom 

If you're a member of the beauty community, I'm pretty sure you either have heard people talk about this lipstick 10 thousand times, or you already have it. I seriously don't know why it too me so long to get this lipstick but I'm glad I did.

Color & Finish
Ruby Woo is described as a vivid blue red. I can never tell if a red lipstick has a cool tone but I can tell it doesn't have much orange in it. This red is a very bright true red. It's not pink nor coral. It suits all kinds of complexions.
It has Retro Matte finish even though on the packaging it just says Matte. Apparently they are different finishes. This is the only Retro Matte I have and I don't own any Matte ones so I don't know. But it's definitely very matte. It has no glossiness to it whatsoever.


Formula & Pigmentation
The formula is very dry. But it's workable. It can tug the lips when applied out of the bullet, so definitely apply in short strokes. I don't think it dries my lips out. It just doesn't provide any moisture. If you have dry lips, make sure you apply lip balm underneath. It would also help with the application.
It's very pigmented. You definitely need a mirror to apply it. Because of the dry formula, if you make any mistake, wipe it off soon because it might stain.

multiple layers | one layer

How I Wear It
I absolutely love wearing it for a night out because it can work as a stain. I apply a layer and blot it with a tissue and repeat it for a few times to secure the stain. I don't have to touch up for the rest of the night if I'm just drinking. It might come off a little but if you eat because of the oil in food. I also love it just keeping the rest of my makeup really minimal. I can also apply a thin layer with my fingers to create a sheer stain for a natural look.

Does it make my teeth whiter?

Overall, I love this lipstick and will keep repurchasing it. I love that it can make my makeup look look so much more polished when I only have foundation and mascara on. The dry formula makes the application require a little more effort, but I don't mind that since it also keeps the color on longer. It's a high effort but low maintenance lipstick. The color works for all kinds of skin tones and complexions. It's definitely worth the hype and I would highly recommend it to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment