Monday, October 14, 2013

Fall 2013 Makeup Trend Series | Trend #4: Grey Eyes

Trend #4: Grey Eyes
The grey eyeshadows are used very subtly, giving the eyes very soft definition and a foggy mysterious feel. It feels very Parisian to me. It just adds a little "je ne sais quoi"!

Prada                                                                                                                        Alexander Wang




Giles                                                                                                                         Marc Jacobs





















(source: style.com)

This trend is very easy and great for everyday looks.
I used Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough As Taupe as a base. It's a grey/taupe cream eyeshadow. Since it's very stiff and hard to blend, I didn't put it passed the crease.
Grey colors can look very dull so the key is to add a very subtle warmth or a subtle (satin) sheen. Here I used MAC Soba to give it a tiny bit of warmth and sheen.
Finally I used a grey eyeshadow (MAC Copperplate) on my crease to create some definition and blended it out with a clean blending brush. I also put it on the bottom lash line.
MAC Copperplate | Maybelline Tough As Taupe | MAC Soba

Check out some other trends if you haven't! Trend #1   Trend #2   Trend #3

No comments:

Post a Comment