Monday, September 2, 2013

Most Loved 5 of August 2013


I had been doing Most Loved 10 for the past a few months. The posts always ended up being super long and I understand that my readers can lose interest because I lost interest writing towards the end! Also I find a lot of things that I love and use a lot are from previous months' favorites. So I'm going to cut it in half and here we go: Most Loved 5!

MAC Eyeshadow in Soba
This is an eyeshadow that looks nothing special in the pan and swatched. This is an eyeshadow that you really have to try it on to love it. When it's applied on the lids it gives the eyes a subtle warmth. I normally don't put a color darker than my complexion on my hooded lids but this shade, surprisingly, opens up my eyes while giving definition at the same time.

MAC Eyeshadow in Brun
In last month's Most Loved I mentioned Crave in Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette was my favorite brow color. This month I've been using MAC Brun for my brows. I find that Crave is really close to my natural hair color, maybe a teeny tiny bit darker. Crave is pretty pigmented and buttery so it makes my brows look darker and pronounced. This month I've been wearing lighter eyeshadows and Brun is the perfect color for more natural eye looks. MAC describe it as satin muted blackish brown. To me it looks completely matte. It's a dark grey brown so it's just a little lighter than my natural hair color. It gives my brows definition without being dramatic. It's not as buttery as Crave so it's easier to work with as a brow color.

NARS Blush in Luster
I've been using this blush most days this month. It's a beautiful apricot color with shimmer. It's not overly shimmery, which allows me to use my highlighters. I don't use bronzers to give warmth to my skin because it can sometimes get too dark and look funky with my contour. This blush is light and almost doesn't have any pink in it so it gives a nice warmth to the cheeks without making my face look muddy.


Shiseido Eyelash Curler
I had always been afraid of eyelash curler because they tend to either break my lashes or pluck them. My lashes are very fine so they get nice natural curl just with mascaras. The curl that Shiseido Lash Curler gives is like the enhanced version of my natural curl. It's natural but opens up my eyes even more. It grabs almost all my lashes (only missing few front ones) so I don't have to worry about uneven curls. It has not broken my lashes or pluck them. It's definitely worth the money.

Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Masque
This is a Lisa Eldridge influenced purchase. I have been breaking out and my skin feels very irritated. Whenever I use it (at night) my skin feels much calmer and my pimples are not as red the next morning. It contains hyaluronic acid, which is very effective in hydrating the skin. My skin breaks out from hormone changes, allergic reactions, or dehydration. My skin isn't particular dry but it is definitely dehydrated. This mask has done magic in soothing the discomfort.
It comes out clear so it's perfect to use on the airplanes. The only thing I don't like is the smell. It smells kind of like fish. But it's quite easy to get used to.

Bonus: Favorite Blogger of the Month
Caroline Hirons
Her blog has changed my perspectives on skincare. I've made a lot of changes in my skincare routine, including using washcloths and pulling myself away from foaming cleansers. She provides a lot of tips on skincare, as well as product reviews. I love that she gets to the point and says it like it is. If you haven't, please check out her blog at http://www.beautymouth.com/. If I could only recommend one blog this year, it would definitely be hers!
If you don't know where to start, check out her cheat sheets first on the right navigation section (scroll down a bit).

No comments:

Post a Comment