Tuesday, January 29, 2013

January Skincare Favorites


image
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Swivel Stick, Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream, Utterly Smooth Udder Cream, Boscia Balancing Facial Tonic, Burt’s Bees Sensitive Daily Moisturizing Cream, Burt’s Bees Sensitive Night Cream, Burt’s Bees Radiance Serum, Clinique All About Eyes Rich
All of these are actually included in my 2012 skincare favorites except the Burt’s Bees Sensitive Daily Moisturizing Cream. It’s basically the thinner and less rich version of the Night Cream.
I just used up the Utterly Smooth body lotion completely and it’s now my body wash bottle. I’m currently using the Vineyard Peach Body Lotion from The Body Shop. Even though I still like the Utterly Smooth better but it’s a really nice lotion. It might show up in the next month’s favorites!
image
DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, Bioderma Cleansing Water
DHC Deep Cleansing Oil has been my favorite makeup remover of all time. It removes the toughest waterproof makeup very gently.
When I first used Bioderma Cleansing Water I did not like it. Not because it was ineffective, but because compared to DHC oil, it just takes too much time, too many cotton pads, and too much product to remove the whole face of makeup. But I found it works very well for spot cleaning. If I accidentally mix water in the DHC oil, it wouldn’t take off makeup as effectively. Then I would rinse the oil off and then remove the residues with Bioderma. Bioderma is also good for fixing little mistakes when you’re going makeup. Just put it on a Q-tip and wipe off the little eyeliner smudges or mascara transfer, etc. It’s very easy and mess-free.
These products are not widely available. I got the DHC oil on the DHC’s website and the Bioderma on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment